What To Expect at Your First Visit
If you are visiting East Cobb Orthodontics for the first time, we are excited to meet you. We know it helps children especially if they know what to expect. The first appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options for you or your child. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. You can expect this additional appointment to last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, Dr. Iaculli or a member of our support team will cover the basics of orthodontic treatment and address the following questions with you:
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we always answer these general questions about treatment, we can also address your specific needs and concerns. Because we realize that superior results and patient satisfaction are based on careful treatment planning, our office always conducts a thorough analysis of your diagnostic records before we meet with you.
Your first consultation visit will include a discussion of treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. It is our goal that you leave your appointment with a clear understanding of your specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Please feel free to bring your own questions and concerns.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- Orthodontic insurance. If you have coverage, we can give you an estimated cost of your treatment.