December 11, 2019
Once you’ve completed your orthodontic treatment in Marietta, Georgia, we will place a lingual wire across the back of your teeth to help ensure that they continue to stay in place and a relapse doesn’t occur.
Cleaning Your Lingual Wire
Cleaning your lingual wire is very important to ensure that your teeth stay healthy. To clean your “bonded retainer,” observe the following steps:
- Thread a string of floss through a floss threader.
- Push the tip of the threader through at the gum line of the first tooth that has your lingual wire attached.
- From the backside of your tooth, pull the threader until the floss has come through.
- Remove that threader and maneuver the flossing string around to clean the area.
- Slide the string out completely and repeat the above steps with every tooth that’s is attached to your lingual wire.