You can depend on Dr. Iaculli to promptly handle your orthodontic emergency in Marietta. True orthodontic emergencies are rare, but when they do occur our office is available to help you. If you are experiencing pain from your braces or other orthodontic appliance, call our office as soon as possible for an orthodontic treatment. We will evaluate the urgency of the problem and schedule a time to be seen as soon as possible. Dr. Iaculli offers the following tips to remedy minor problems at home while you are waiting to be seen in our office.
• Loose Band: If the band or bracket is still attached to the wire, leave it in place and put wax on it to reduce irritation. If your band or bracket comes out completely, safely wrap it in tissue and bring it to your appointment.
• Loose Wire: Try to place the wire back in place with tweezers. If that is not possible, clip wire with fingernail clippers behind last tooth to which it is securely fastened. If any discomfort, place wax on it.
• Poking Wire: You can try pushing a poking wire back down using a spoon or pencil eraser. Wax can also be used to eliminate gum and cheek irritation.
• Loose Appliance: If your appliance, such as an expander, is loose try to temporarily push it back on to the tooth or remove it entirely.
• General Soreness: Warm salt-water rinses and non-prescription pain reliever can alleviate general soreness that is common after braces are first put on or tightened.
After relieving your discomfort, it is important that you still call our office as soon as possible to schedule a time to repair the problem. Ignoring an orthodontic emergency and allowing your appliance to remain damaged for an extended period of time can disrupt your treatment plan. Dr. Iaculli recommends that patients use proper caution and care when wearing braces, such as avoiding certain foods and resisting the urge to play with or poke your orthodontic appliances with your fingers, tongue or any other object. We want to help you avoid orthodontic emergencies so that your treatment is as effective and comfortable as possible.
At East Cobb Orthodontics, your smile is important to us. Whether you are experiencing minor discomfort from your braces or you suffered an unfortunate injury or mouth trauma, we can help you quickly. Contact us right away for the dependable, excellent care you need today.